A cookie is a file that downloads on to your computer when you visit certain websites. Its main purpose is to allow websites to store and retrieve data relating to a user's web browsing habits, and in turn, recognise the user.
However, only certain data is retained: the number of pages, the city where the IP connecting to the website is located, the frequency of visits, the length of the visit, the browser, the provider or the type of terminal where the website is accessed from. Cookies never retain data such as the name of the user or postal address of the connection point.
Cookies used on this website and their specific purposes are listed here:
- OVHSESSIONID : expires at the end of the session. This cookie makes it possible to follow the user's browsing for the length of a session; store data entered by the user in fields used for this purpose when the user accesses a different page; and ensure high quality and safe browsing on the OVH website.
- _pk_XXXX.XXXX : expires after 30 minutes. This cookie makes it possible to obtain data relating to the use of our web pages and is used for statistical purposes.
- OVHCDN : expires after 3600 minutes. This cookie is used in load balancing and ensures that the user stays on the same host server for the entire duration of the session.
- Slb : expires after 30 minutes. This cookie is used in load balancing and ensures that the user stays on the same host server for the entire duration of the session.
- OvhVisitorEntrance : expires at the end of the session. This cookie detects the user's geographical location, mainly using the IP address of the connection point. In some cases, this cookie can redirect the user to the OVH website from the related subsidiary site in the country where they appear to be connected.
- cookieAccepted : expires after 365 days. This cookie makes it possible to hide data on cookies use during a visit to the OVH website. It's only enabled once the user agrees to its use.
- OVH-Summit-visited : expires after 365 days. This cookie hides the advertisement banner for the OVH Summit when the user has clicked on it.
You can authorise, block or delete cookies installed on your workstation by modifying your web browser's settings. Please see the links below for guidance on how to do this on the most popular browsers:
Lastly, we want to inform you that if you disable a cookie, it may make web browsing or using the services offered on our website difficult, or even prevent them altogether.
You may choose not to have a unique web analytics cookie identification number assigned to your computer to avoid the aggregation and analysis of data collected on this website.
To make that choice, please click below to receive an opt-out cookie.