WordPress 4.5 is available to install in 1-click!
After Joomla! it's the turn of the world's most widely used CMS to get an update in early 2016. Focused on content and user experience, version 4.5 of WordPress is now available to install in one click on our web hosting packages.
Bursting with improvements, the 4.5 update meets the needs of the platform's varied users. Whether you are a writer, community manager, developer, integrator or web agency, the changes will be of interest to you in one way or another.
Here are the headline improvements:
• Editor: new shortcuts for formatting text.
• Editor: CTRL+K shortcut allows you to insert links in posts and continue writing.
• Comment moderation: e-mail notification for new comments.
• Comment moderation: improved management of pending comments which can now be viewed within the text editor.
Administrative user experience
• Login: sign in using your email address.
• Images: 50% reduction in image size within posts, with no visible loss of quality.
• Customiser: the customiser now comes with responsive live previews so you can see how your website will look on different screens.
• Customiser: there is a framework to allow selective refresh in the customiser.
• Imported posts: customise the theme of posts imported from other WordPress websites.
• New tool for multisite WordPress installs: WP_Site Class.
• Key updates: WordPress 4.5 comes with version 1.12.2 of jQuery and version 1.4.0 of jQuery Migrate.
When updating your existing WordPress installation, be sure to verify that all your plugins are compatible with WordPress 4.5 prior to updating.
Developers: a number of modifications were made to the WordPress code in this update, go to this address to learn about the technical details.
Need a web hosting package for your newly updated WordPress 4.5 website? Explore our turnkey solutions from £1.69 excl. VAT/month.