We have 27 datacentres across the globe, two of which are among the largest in the world. Since 2003, when we opened our first datacentre in Paris, we have never stopped innovating the way we design, deploy and maintain our server hosting infrastructures. We have succeeded in deploying a global datacentre network, fully managed by us. Today, we have unique know-how for offering high availability, security, and energy efficiency.
OVH datacentres worldwide.
Maximum physical security
- OVH datacentres are strictly for our own usage - servers can only be physically accessed by authorised employees
- Access restricted by security badge control system, video surveillance and security personnel 24/7 on-site
- Rooms fitted with smoke detection systems
- Technicians on site 24/7
Find out more about security
High availability infrastructure
Compliance with international standards
- OVH is certified ISO 27001::2005 for providing and operating dedicated cloud computing infrastructures
- OVH is based on the ISO 27002 and ISO 27005 security management and risk assessment norms and associated processes
- OVH has obtained SOC 1 and 2 type II certifications for 3 datacentres in France, and 1 in Canada, which is proof of how secure our Private Cloud solution is.
The OVH expertise certified
Record ecological achievements
- 98% of OVH hosting rooms are free from air conditioning
- The water-cooling enables 70% of heat emitted by the processors to be dispersed
- Air-cooling evacuates the remaining 30%
- Energy costs halved
- PUE below 1.2: constantly reducing our datacentre energy consumption.
Protecting the environment at OVH
Continuous research, development and innovation
- OVH has been designing and building its own datacentres since 2003
- Continuous R&D to simplify server installation and maintenance, and enable rapid interventions - no dropped ceilings, tailor-made racks, and much more
- Continuous innovation especially to improve cooling and ventilation techniques: design and deployment of in-house water-cooling and air-cooling systems
- High-end equipment upgraded and replaced reguarly
Carefully selected locations
- OVH has datacentres offering similar services with a minimum geographical distance of 200km between them, to ensure redundancy and continuous service
- Ideal for BCP/DRP
- OVH datacentres are located outside of regions subject to the Patriot Act.