VMWARE ESXI 5.0
ESXi is the famous VMware hypervisor (recently renamed vSphere Hypervisor). This is an independent operating system (bare-metal) available for free .
OVH offer a ready to use operating system, that can be managed with vSphere Client which is available for Windows free of charge.
ESXi is fully functional for the creation of projects on one or more servers. It is very simple to upgrade to more advanced versions of vSphere to take advantage of centralised management tools (vCenter), migration, load balancing, high-availability, backup. etc.
OVH offers 2 different ESXi versions. Version 4.1 now recognized as a highly reliable and stable solution, the latest version 5.0 brings many improvements.
Some new features of ESXi 5.0:
- More resources in the VMs (up to 32 vCPUs and 1TB of RAM)
- VMFS-5 (that supports disks more than 2TB)
- Hidden SSD Swap (integrated swap management on the SSD disk)
- ESXi Firewall (to control access to the management interface)
For vSphere 5.0:
- Sphere Storage Appliance (which allows you to use local storage between hosts)
- vSphere Storage DRS (to facilitate and automate the distribution of data across multiple datastores)
- vSphere Storage I/O Control (to manage the performance of NFS datastores)
- vSphere Network I/O Control (to manage network access for each VM)
Find out more about ESXi 5.0
|Easy to use|
|Versions:||VMware ESXi Server 5.0|
|Core:||VMkernel 5.0 (built-in)|
- SmartOS (ALPHA)
- VMware ESXi 5.0
- VMware ESXi 4.1
- Citrix Xen Server 6.1
- Proxmox VE
- Parallels® Virtuozzo Containers 4.6
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Datacenter Edition
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter SP2 + Virtuozzo 4.5
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter SP2 + Virtuozzo 4.6
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise Edition
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2
- Windows Hyper-V Server 2012
Find out more:
ATTENTION: This distribution does not support RAID SOFT functionality.
|Access to a server||Email services|
|FTP (port: 21)||-||POP3 (port: 110)||-|
|SSH (port: 22)||IMAP (port: 143)||-|
|SMTP (port: 25)||-|
|Web (Port: 80)||-||My SQL||-|
|Named (Port: 53)||-||PHP||-|